I woke up feeling a little bit blah about Monday today, but I hustled my butt to the gym at 5:30 AM (hey, I have to look good for my wedding), and I got my day going. Then…the first thing I saw in my inbox this morning was a sweet comment from Katherine at The Newsom’s Nest saying that she nominated me for the Sunshine Award! It totally brightened my morning, and I’m ready to tackle yet another week now.
This cute award is offered up to bloggers that bring a little sunshine into the world, which I think is adorable! So, without further ado, I’m answering Katherine’s questions then offering up some of my own!
1. Fall is in the air! What is your favorite thing about fall?
I love the smell of the leaves in New England, as well as all the beautiful colors. Also, it’s the perfect time to start making hot cider, wearing boots with long socks, scarves and big, knitted hats. Fall is by far my favorite season!
2. What is your favorite all-time movie (or movies if it’s a tie!) and why?
Oh gosh…someone asked me this the other day, and I couldn’t give them an answer. If I had to pick though, I’d say that it might just by Fern Gully. Or Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken. Or She’s the Man.
3. Where do you call home, and what makes it home?
Right now, I call home New Hampshire, but I was talking to Ryan about this the other day, and I said I don’t know that I’ve ever felt at home in a specific place yet. I’ve lived all over, but I think home will always be with my family…plain and simple.
4. Where did you find or order your favorite meal/recipe? (And how was it?)
I think my all-time favorite recipe that I’ve cooked is butternut squash soup. It’s incredible, if I do say so myself. My favorite meal to order though is the jumbo prawns we get when we’re in Cape Town, South Africa…specifically Simonstown. Those things are incredible.
5. Favorite vacation spot? When did you go there?
I think it would have to be Zebula, which is about 45 minutes north of Johannesburg in South Africa, where most of my extended family lives. My family owns a house on a game reserve there, and it’s the most incredible place in the world. Proof:
6. What is one thing about you, that people are surprised of when they find out?
I think people are surprised that I speak three languages and that I love to move to new places. I’m sure the Army will beat that out of me (or attempt to), but it’s gonna have a hard time doing so!
7. What is your biggest dream for yourself? (Job, goal, life’s mission, etc)
Honestly, I think my dream job is that of a mother. With Ryan and my wedding fast approaching, we’re eagerly anticipating the day we can become parents, too.
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I don’t want to travel back. I’m happy right where I am, to be honest, and it’s taken a really long time getting here!
9. If you were a painter, what would your greatest work be? (What kind of art would you create?)
Well, considering I have little to no artistic ability, this would probably never be the case. If it was, however, I would paint pottery!
10. What is your favorite American landmark that you’ve visited? (Capitol, state parks, statue of liberty, etc?)
Ooooof…good question. I think I’d probably have to say that visiting Moab and Arches National Park is my favorite. Does that count? If not, probably visiting and touring the FBI building in Washington, D.C. when I was little.
11. What is one of your favorite quotes, and why?
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.” – The Fault in Our Stars
Plus, I’d have to add that I have a million favorite Bible verses, not the least of which is:
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because He first loved us.” – 1 John 4:18-19
And now…the fun part! I get to nominate 11 other bloggers to receive this award and pass it on, as well! I’m new to the personal blogosphere (I’ve been a book blogger for 3+ years), but you’ve all made me feel so welcome, and I’m really thankful for that! Here are the bloggers I nominate:
And….I get to offer up 11 of my own questions, which is just fantastic because I’m quite the curious individual. Here are the questions you lovelies get to answer, should you choose to participate in this sunshine-y award 🙂
1. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
2. What is one food that you absolutely could not live without?
3. What is your all-time favorite book and why?
4. If you could only shop at three stores for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?
5. What is one fashion trend you are really glad you outgrew?
6. Who is your celebrity crush and why?
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world on someone else’s dime, where would you go?
8. What is one thing that you absolutely must accomplish in life to be happy?
9. What is your biggest fear?
10. Do you have any hidden talents we should know about?
11. What is the last movie you saw, and what did you think about it?