For those who know me in real life, they understand that my brain moves a million miles a minute.
Every. single. moment. of. every. single. day.
I’m hyperanalytical, hypercritical of myself and prone to worry.
It’s who I am, and I’ve been this way as long as I can remember, really.
I was sitting in my apartment with a cup of cocoa last night thinking about a million different things,
and realizing that I’m a constant maze of thoughts at any given time.
I usually have to write them down to keep track of them all, too.
Come to think of it…that might mean I’m crazy.
Regardless of my inevitable insanity though, there are some things I’ve specifically discovered
just by starting this personal blog.
If anything, this blog is helping me learn more about myself…things like:
1. I envy fashion bloggers. Guys, I have zero sense of fashion, and you know how some bloggers just have this innate sense of style? Yeah, I’m not one of them. Truly. My work is lucky if I show up wearing anything other than jeans and a v-neck sweatshirt, a scarf and a top-knot.
2. I don’t fit in with the Mormon blogging crowd, despite the fact that Ryan and I are Mormon. We’re both such students of religion, if that makes sense. We are faithful. We believe in the Word of Wisdom. We follow it…but we have questions, and our questions tend to make us think a little more than some of our Mormon friends think is necessary.
3. While I’m calm on the surface about wedding planning and dress drama, trust me, there are a thousand little panicky voices screaming reminders at me all day every day. January 4th can’t get here fast enough.
4. I love friends. Really, I do. If I can offer one person a sage piece of advice a day or make someone smile, that’s enough for me. It truly makes my day.
5. I’m a really, really impatient person. If I had a dime for every time I said “impatient” on this blog, I’d have about ten dollars.
But here’s the thing…despite the fact that some days I worry that I don’t really have anything planned to post, and despite the fact that, without fail, I always forget to take pictures of events to blog, I really do like this personal blog.
I love documenting this crazy little life of mine – if only to remember the important moments later.
I think that, at the end of the day, this is why I blog.
Why do you blog?