It’s Tuesday, and I still don’t really know what to blog about. Life is status quo here, which I’m insanely grateful for. There’s a peace and quiet about our home right now, and some semblance of normalcy goes a really long way. So, I was inspired by the lovely Breanna, and I decided to simply do a confessions post today. That way, maybe…just maybe…you guys will get to know who I am just a wee bit better.
1. I am not now, nor will I ever be a designer. I like to think I have some sort of style when decorating our house, but I always end up frazzled and eclectic in the end. I think I get overwhelmed by all the options. Thankfully, Ryan thinks I’ve got style…that’s all that matters, right?
2. Sometimes I stress myself out so much that I get physically ill. I don’t know why I stress this badly, but I’ve had incredible anxiety for as long as I can remember. Ryan helps me work through it and prioritize, which is amazing…I’m not sure what I’d do without him.
3. Impatience is by far my biggest flaw. Ryan and I have a fantastic life together, and we are so, so happy. That doesn’t mean that I don’t get excited about starting a family with him, moving to our next duty station, watching him grow in his career, etc. I think and focus too heavily on the future sometimes, and it makes me forget to live in the present.
4. Running two blogs is a little too much for me some days. I run i swim for oceans, a book blog, and it’s one that I’m unwilling to give up after four years. So, when I’m overworked and overwhelmed, this little blog takes the brunt of it. I also feel like I don’t really have enough to blog on here, which can be frustrating at times.
5. I compare myself to other people all. the. time. I’m so grateful for a husband that puts things into perspective for me, tells me I’m beautiful and really teaches me to be a better person because, heck, I really need those reminders a lot.