Is it really only Tuesday? Can it please be Friday already? I swear, this week has already been so insanely busy that I may very well lose my mind before it’s over! I’m doing my best to get back on track with work, blogging and life, and finding the little “free” moments is hard, but I’m working to make a point of having a better outlook on the balance, or lack thereof. Motherhood and my marriage comes first and foremost, and that is the way it shall remain, no matter what!
I used to do a little feature somewhat like this on my book blog once upon a time, but I look forward to doing it here, too. It’s just a quick, easy way to update family and friends on the goings-on in the Moore household. If there is already a feature like this, please direct me to it, and I’ll link instead.
1. It is finally warm in upstate New York. In fact, it was so delightfully warm (think: 74 degrees) yesterday, that we actually took a family walk with the babe after dinner. It was vaguely reminiscent of our walks way back when in Arizona. And now, we can see our house sans snow!
2. The plague is going strong in the Moore household. Spencer looks like he’s getting better quickly. Yours truly, however, feels worse than ever. It can only get better from here, right?
3. Spencer is outgrowing his 0-3 month clothes, and it’s both amazing and breaking my heart. I packed the majority of them away today, and pulled out his 3-6 month clothes. Plus side? They’re so. dang. summery.
4. We started a pretty epic regimen of meds to combat Spencer’s eczema last night. What I thought was cradle cap gradually spread and got worse and worse. Now we rely on this:
5. I finally sent in my first clean-out bag to Thred Up. I can’t wait to find out how much I earned so I can go shopping again! For the record, their quality is impeccable, and I’ll totally buy any future maternity clothes from there, too.
6. We finally got Spencer’s passport docs/application in today. We’ve been struggling to find the time to do it, but we finally made in today. Oh yeah, and we had to go twice because, yes, I forgot his social security card/number. Also, he legit blew out at the office. So there was that.
7. Starbucks new cold-brew coffee is my latest obsession. I love it so, so, so much.
8. I just ordered Spencer’s high chair. I can’t believe he’s over 4 months old and getting ready to sit at the table with us. It baffles me how fast this child grows! Our pediatrician wanted him started on solids by now, but I want to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months, and so long as he’s growing well, I think I’ll keep that up.
9. Ryan’s coming up on 24-hour ops in May, so Spencer and I are taking a trip to Philadelphia for my little sister’s law school graduation. This silly momma is going to do the 5 hour drive solo for a 3-night stay in the city. I’m a weird combo of terrified and excited.
10. I’m taking a sick day tomorrow. That is all.