I finally feel like I’ve turned a corner in this pregnancy. For the past nearly 6 weeks, I’ve felt downright poopy – dealing with extreme morning sickness, bouts of vomiting in the evening and attempting to keep up with everyday life. Now, I’m 13 weeks, and I finally feel somewhat human again! Food isn’t the worst thing to think about anymore, Christmas and holiday travels seem less daunting, and I’m running again, which makes me one happy lady.
As a swammer (that’s an ex-swimmer, for those who didn’t know), I find that setting goals is the way I get things done in life. I like a good challenge, so if I tell myself that I must do something in a certain timeframe, you’d better be certain I’ll get it done! So, I’m putting up a few goals on the blog – mostly to hold myself accountable – and really keep myself in check.
1) My little biscuit boy is turning one in just 11 days. I really want to dedicate myself to putting down my phone and spending those sweet moments with him in the evenings and mornings we have together. He’s growing up so fast, and I don’t want him to think of me behind the screen of my phone when I’m right in front of him. A text message can wait.
this little turkey is my favorite thing
2) I have a beautiful Canon DSLR that I rarely use. I usually rely solely on my iPhone for the convenience of it, but I find that the quality once printed lacks the crispness of my DSLR. I’m going to take the time to learn more about my camera, play around with the functions and really take some quality pictures in the coming months. I want to remember the clarity of the moment…not the convenience.
3) Now that I’m finally able to run again, I’m aiming to get around 10 miles in every single week. It’s not easy because I hate the treadmill, it’s getting colder out and my bladder is officially the size of a pea, but I really want to keep it up. Case and point? I did 3.13 this morning…outside…in the 28 degree weather. I remember feeling accomplished doing 1-2 miles while pregnant with Spencer, and I really want to up my game this time around.
4) While I’m not the craftiest person in the world, I’ve done a lot of fun, budget-friendly DIY projects lately – mostly involving holiday and home decor – and I really want to get better at sharing them. I’m hoping to share one of them with you later this week! Hopefully I can remind myself that I’m supposed to 🙂
5) In terms of blogging, I find that I’m finally getting back in a groove. I took a self-imposed hiatus because I found myself comparing myself to other bloggers and coming up short, and I never, ever want to allow myself to feel such a thing. I have a wonderful life, and I want to share it! I hope to keep up this blogging streak and (dare to dream) come up with 10 original posts a month. Can I do it?! I’m also going to work hard to update my about me page, etc. It’s been a long time coming.