With the holidays fast-approaching, I feel like I’m just barely getting into the swing of things. I recently switched OBs here in Watertown, NY because I had a horrible experience at the one I was originally referred to. The doctor’s office was filthy, slow and there was a cockroach in the bathroom. Furthermore, there was a table in the back of unlabeled urine samples, and when given my own test results, I was led to doubt their verity. So, I took initiative and switched doctors, and I love my new OB office. It’s bright, clean, the doctor is extremely knowledgeable, and I like that he listens to my concerns.
We discussed my morning sickness, and while he’s not against medication, he’s in favor of natural remedies whenever possible. I agreed to try his plan to drink 120 oz of water a day to see if it helps and…lo’ and behold…it did! And so, the biscuit and I are medication-free, dealing with some food aversions, but are doing well otherwise. Besides all that, here’s a few random thoughts from the Moore household this Tuesday morning.
Because Spencer pictures are a must 🙂
- My sweet boy turns 1 on 12/4/14. We’re having a sweet, simple birthday party over Thanksgiving in New Hampshire with my family, but oh my goodness…he’s getting too big. This first year went by so fast, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t the hardest year of my life. That said, it was also the best.
- This second baby is already neglected! I’m about 12 weeks along, but holy heck, I haven’t done a single bump update, I’ve barely focused on the fact that he/she is in there! It’s madness how much this baby matters to me, yet how much different this process is this time.
- Picking Christmas cards is the hardest. decision. ever. #firstworldproblems
- I have a shopping addiction. It relates entirely to Christmas decor. I need to curb myself before Thanksgiving though, and I swear it’s the worst!
- I am working on getting more freelance work, but I swear it’s slow-going. If anyone has tips, please let me know! I’ve always gone by word-of-mouth referrals, and it seems it’s failing me lately. I’m trying Upwork right now.
- We booked our early Christmas trip to Utah! We’ll be heading out there from the 15th through the 22nd of December. This will be the first Christmas I don’t spend with my family in New Hampshire. We’ll be spending at our little home here in New York as a family of three!