Today’s post was inspired by the lovely Chelsea from Anchors Aweigh. I haven’t done one of these in a long time, and I thought it would be fun to share a little about yours truly for those who are new to reading my blog. I might just interview the husband soon, too, because he sure does like a little face time here on the blog! But first…that’s me and my husband, Ryan, from our cruise to the Bahamas from New York City last year. Clearly we need a repeat because the number of selfies since our return has vastly declined…
1. What is your biggest fear? Starting off with a big one here, eh? Well, if we’re talking a silly, irrational fear – spiders. I don’t care that I’m one million times bigger. #nope. If we’re talking a real fear that’s plagued me since childhood, I’d have to say the idea of being ordinary. That’s utterly terrifying to me. The idea of never accomplishing something really great is soul-sucking.
2. What is your favorite workout? I have a few. I love love love swimming, and I grew up swimming competitively. I love to run, too! I used to do CrossFit, and I really loved that, but I think anything that forces me to be competitive with myself and others is the way to go. I have a favorite running loop that I really love, too, and I’ve been working a lot with this dry land training regimen. Try it. It hurts (so good).
3. What’s your natural hair color? This is my natural hair color. I’m absurdly blonde, though it’s not that white-blonde that it used to be when I was little. I once dyed my hair dark brown, and I spent three days stripping it and getting chlorine treatments to return to my original color. Ask me how fun of a process that was. Never again.
4. What is your favorite smell? There’s something about the smell of fall that gets me every time! And no, I’m not talking PSL. I’m talking about crisp leaves, cool air, the smell of wood fires starting and chimney smoke lingering in the breeze. Also, I’m weird, but that smell you get when you start the heat in your home for the first time in a year? (probably propane…) Yup, love that.
5. Tell me the 3 best days in your life – or the first 3 that come to mind.
- Marrying Ryan and finally starting our life together
- Giving birth to Spencer
- Running our first half marathon
6. What are your top 3 places currently on your bucket list to visit? Well, we’re always planning our next getaway, so there are a lot of them! Right now, I think Ryan and I have discussed the following at least in the past 30 days.
- Ireland & Scotland
- South Africa – I’ve been many times (my family is from there), but I want to take Ryan and the boys!
7. What is your favorite food? Sushi – hands down!
8. What is your current Netflix show of choice? We just binge watched Stranger Things, so now I’m catching up on The Originals while Ryan’s on the swing shift. Also – I sense a lot of Netflix binges forthcoming while he’s deployed.
9. Were you named after anyone? My name, Melissa, is my own, but my middle name, Elizabeth, was for my cousin who passed shortly before I was born.
10. What’s your favorite hamburger topping? We don’t eat a ton of red meat at home, but when I do have it, I love carmelized onions and blue cheese 🙂