I can’t believe we’re already almost at the end of October. This month has been flying – probably because we’ve been non-stop busy around here. Between Ryan being stuck at Mountain Peak, the boys being sick for the past couple weeks and work and my shop blowing up, it’s been madness. I wish I could say it will settle down soon, but I know it won’t with the deployment coming up. So, it’s time for another Friday five, and I’m linking up with A. Liz Adventures and Meet @ the Barre.
1. Halloween Costumes – I haven’t finished the boys’ costumes yet, but I promise I’ll take lots of pictures! My mom is coming this evening, and I expect we’ll have them finished by late tonight for the battalion Trunk or Treat event on the airfield. I’ve been waiting to DIY Halloween costumes for my kids forever…here’s hoping they turn out as well as I want them to!
2. Winter is Coming – Yesterday. the boys and I took our early morning walk around Black River with Danny, and it was evident that winter is coming. There’s a definite chill in the air, and before I knew it, we had snow coming down mid-afternoon! It’s all gone now, but if that’s a sign of things to come, we’re in for a treat this year.
3. Holiday Goods for the Shop – My premium prints for the holidays came in this past week, and I gave a little sneak peek of what’s to come for Black River Boutique! I’ll be featuring everything from kinky-backed organic throw pillows, to pom bibs, to snowflake/cloud plushies and more. Everything is releasing on November 4th (next Friday!)
4. Nike + Training Club – Now that my kiddos are [mostly] better, I was able to finally get a few workouts in this week. I try to get at least 2-3 runs in a week, but for those days like today where time is limited, I’ve found this app is my go-to. I love that there are different workouts for everything from strength, to core, to cardio and beyond.
^^^ image via
5. Family Time – It’s such a precious commodity these days. I talk about it all the time, but Ryan’s deploying soon, and our new normal will have to kick in. I’m not looking forward to it, but it’s the reality of Army life. So, we’re doing our best to plan family time, trips around these parts and more. And, we have Spencer’s second birthday party to plan! Ahhh!